I washed our state tax return and the check is ruined any idea of how I can get another check printed?

Did not check hubbys pants before I washed them, and the check was in there. Hoping we can get another check printed.

lynn63042

Asked by lynn63042 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Contact the state revenue service and explain to them what happened. You might have to wait a certain amount of time before they reissue it but thats the first step. Theyll know what to do and Im sure youre not the first one to accidentally destroy their checks LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Wow, I've washed a lot of stuff that shouldn't go in the washing machine, but never a check that was made out to me! LOL.
    Is it in any way readable at all? If there's anything visible onthere, just try taking it to the bank.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Exactly as gemgem says: Contact your state's revenue service. They will cancel the ruined check and reissue you a new one. It may take up to 8 weeks to receive a new check, though, but at least you will get a new one.
    Sorry this happened.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009