How much money should i charge for babysitting children ....?

AlwaysSmilingMe

Asked by AlwaysSmilingMe at 10:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• One hundred... Billion.. Dollars.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• How many, what ages, how long....details or you aren't going to like the answers you get.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Location is a factor. In their home or in yours? How long a stretch and are you providing the meals and snacks? What are your qualifications. Even back in the dark ages when I had kids, I would leave them with a sitter that had not had first aid training and CPR.
    Where are you located and what is the going rate in your area? Do you have or need to hve a license? How many children?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Do you know the parents? Is it a regular job, or just once in a while?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I pay 12 an hour for two kids. No work really, the sitter is there for emergencies. I am on the low end. Most of my pals pay 15-18 an hour which is ridiculous.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• 12 an hr for babysitting? That is insane. When I was a teen, I charged a dollar an hr per kid and the parents provided the food.
    When my kids were younger and needed a sitter, my then MIL watched them for 20 bucks per day and we provided the food.

I think the most I could charge for babysitting would be $5 an hour per kid. But it would depend on all the answers to the above questions.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• It can vary from area to area. Go to care.com and look at the posts for your zipcode. You should be able to get an idea what care givers charge and what those needing care will offer.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2013