Pregnant no job no place to live how can i get money??

Shellyshell1187

Asked by Shellyshell1187 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What about your parents, your baby's father, his parents? Other relative. Do you belong to a church?
    They won't give you money but they might give you food and shelter so you can look for a job.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Have you looked into Medicaid and housing assistance where you live? Or looked for a job? Do you have family? Hw about a local church?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Call 211 from a land line phone (or your local United Way's number from a cell phone) and ask about transitional housing in your area as well as how to get food assistance. Once you have a place to live, and food in the fridge, go by your local Department of Labor and ask for assistance on updating your resume, applying for jobs, doing mock interviews, etc. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• But yet she has internet! Maybe we want to re-evaluate, hmmm?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Try some shelters, I know that's not the ideal place you wan to go especially being pregnant, but because you are pregnant, you will get help faster. You are in my prayers.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Don't judge, you don't know her situation.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• You can go to the state. Call dss and try to get numbers of places that will help you. There are places that allow pregnant women to stay and they help get you on your feet.... I was stuck in the same position. Its hard.
    I called everyone i got numbers for. NO ONE would help me. I ended up in another stay with my parents till i got on my feet. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Family, friends, the father.
    How far along are you?
    Apply for jobs.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• "But yet she has internet! Maybe we want to re-evaluate, hmmm?"

Public libraries offer free internet access. So I wouldn't make any assumptions here.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• If you can tell me what public library is open at 10:45pm I'll accept that.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2013