Did your child regress when it came to pooping in the potty? (MaybeTMI ...Poop) adult content

Hello!
I have a 3 year old girl (almost 3 1/2). And a 9 month old.
We had my daughter potty trained within about 2 weeks, a couple months before she turned 3 (and when our baby was a few mos old).
She was doing great. She actually pooped on the potty right away! I had a few people tell me pooping was the hardest, but she did great.
Fast forward to a few months ago. She decided she wasn't going to poop on the potty anymore & sometimes it's even a struggle to get her to pee. I have to make her because I know it's not good to hold it in.
We purposely waited until after the birth of our 2nd so that she would not have any major life events happening at the same time.
She will poop in her underwear when she is alone in her room or when we put her night time pull up on her.
Her dr said that it's normal and it's better to have her pooping in something than holding it in because that can cause medical problems. So I'm not worried that she's not normal, but my question is, if your child has regressed, do you have any tips on anything that has helped them with using the bathroom as well as they previously did? Thank you so much!

tmp1283

Asked by tmp1283 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes, my son is 3 1/2 and he's regressed with pooping. he's really good with peeing. I think it's something that they want to have control over so I've been a little more relaxed, and he's showing good signs that he's trying to pooping in the toliet he did it last night. YAY!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2013