Can pregnancy symptoms be similar to chlamydia symptoms?

i had unprotected sex May 29 and june 2nd with my bf. June 3rd i had nausea, fatigue, bloating, headaches, craving mood swings and tender/larger breast. this went on for 6 days until i came on my period. My period cramps were mild when usually i can barely walk. My period was lighter Than usual but not spotting. i also had no clotting with my period and it lasted 4 days. Today marks two weeks since my period ended and i still have all the symptoms(some of them alittle worse). I went to the dr to get tested for uti and decided to test for std's as well. I took a hpt and it was negative. Now, I just recently found out i have chlamydia. Are these chlamydia symptoms... Or could i be pregnant?

SMart526

Asked by SMart526 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Anyone wanna take this one?

I just can't.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• It's the chlamydia, if you had your period AND took a HPT that was negative you are not pregnant.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Use a freaking condom, you are lucky it wasn't HIV you got.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Anyone wanna take this one?

Not with a 10 foot pole!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• You had your period, your were tested for pregnancy and it came up negative. NO you are not pregnant YOU HAVE CHLAMYDIA.

I swear sometimes I wonder how these people make it through middle school.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Even if you hadn't gotten your period, pregnancy symptoms don't show up the day after you have unprotected sex. It's the STD, either that or some other illness. See your doctor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I'm going with guilt and stress. Those aren't chlamydia symptoms and it's way too soon for any pregnancy symptoms. Plus if you were tested for STD's, they likely did a pregnancy test as well. And you said your test came back negative. I hope you told your bf that you have chlamydia so he can also get treated.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Pregnancy does not have any symptoms that are specific to it. The things you listed could be any number of illnesses. Including chlamydia. Since the test said NOT pregnant trust it. it's 99% accurate.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Oh yes have your boyfriend get treated otherwise he may spread it to you again and again. If left untreated in women it can cause scarring or infertility. If contracted while you are pregnant, it can pass to the baby during birth. so it's not something you want to mess with.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I understand where all of you are coming from but Ive never been through this. I thought i could have chlamydia AND be pregnant. The symptons showed up 5 days after unprotected sex. ive researched chlamydia symptoms and they arent that in depth like pregnancy symptoms. I guess i do need to stop trying to self diagnose myself. Well thanks for the advice. P.s i found out yesterday and now im telling my bf.
    SMart526

Comment by SMart526 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2013