Any Ideas on how to control and style naturally curly hair?

I am a 36 year old woman. I don't know how to style it. So I wear it the same way all the time. I just found ou my husband doesn't think I'm pretty and that is ex wive is prettier. I feel so hurt and ugly . Please give ideas .

Nicole32223

Asked by Nicole32223 at 6:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I have two friends with naturally curly hair. One wears it short and simply hand "shapes" it after she washes it. She uses a little bit of gel/mousse. She ends up with small curls all around her face. Adorable. The other friend wears her hair long and does the same after a shampoo so it is large curls all over. She uses the gel to make the hair stay away from her face and forehead. Gorgeous. Sometimes she puts it up in a ponytail, or uses a headband and lets it be "wild" which is beautiful too.... IMO. Other times she braids sections of it and wraps it up on her head. Both girls look fantastic with all the curls. They embrace the curls.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• hugs Forget your hair. Give him a swift kick in the ass!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I got so interested in the hair part that I forgot the rest. I agree your husband needs a rude awakening!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• So your hair is why your Husband doesn't think you are attractive? Tell him his face is not attractive & see if he can change that.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Get a haircut and then go find yourself a new husband. Hair can be fixed, but his ugly attitude can't.

For real though, you need a GOOD haircut from someone that knows curly hair, and you need PRODUCT.
    I just got samples of this new stuff and I love it. It's Loreal Smooth Intense (in the black and pink bottles).
    Get the whole sha-bang. Shampoo, conditioner, serum, and cream.
    My hair looks amazing.
    I've been using very expensive salon stuff forever and this is seriously the best my hair has looked.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• You can learn to style your hair, but more importantly, you can learn that you don't need to listen to stupid crap like what your husband said. If his negative comments about you are chronic, maybe you need a new man along with your new hairstyle.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• My dd has curly hair. I leave her hair long and cut long layer in it to keep it from looking like a pyramid. I deep condition it weekly and use products made specifically for curly hair. Keeping it moisturized is very important. Don't shampoo daily and use a moisturizing conditioner every time you wash your hair (you can also use conditioner in place of shampoo on the days you don't shampoo). Deep condition weekly. Get a good haircut with someone who knows how to cut curly hair well. When I was still able to work, I noticed a lot of my fellow stylists couldn't cut curly hair very well and it's common that many stylists aren't skilled with curly hair. Make sure you ask the stylist if they're knowledgeable about cutting curly hair. The cut and products you use are very important (as is how well you take care of your hair). I use DevaCurl products on dd's hair and they work very well. You can find DevaCurl in salons and online.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I have a natural wave to my hair. I straighten mine and I got a special treatment I put in to help cut down on the frizz from the salon. Also the trick to nice shiny, lucious hair is a aminos system- (soft water) it works miracles. Good luck! :)
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Lots of layers....wash only every other day if it's dry, and no sulfates. Use a mousse..and diffuser to dry. I like the Aussie max hold in the purple can.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Trim , cut in layers, style.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2013