S/O Does this story make you re-think having a gun in your home?

Flip side ot the other question.

Aritcle

DJDNY

Asked by DJDNY at 7:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I"m not pro-gun or anti-gun. I'm anti idiots with guns and pro-gun safety. We have guns in the house. They are locked in a gun safe that even I have trouble opening and I know the combination.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Nope- doesn't change my stance from pro-gun. This is why it's important to keep your guns secured and teach children gun safety.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• No. We have guns in the house and nothing will change that. However, we are also big on gun safety and our kids don't know where the ammo is locked up, or how to get to it

Answer by missanc at 9:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I'm pro-gun... but even more importantly pro-gun safety!!! This story is horrible... an accident that NEVER should have been able to happen! The parents are idiots!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Nope, I can't change the fact that some people have no fucking clue about gun safety. It saddens me that children have to pay the ultimate price because their parents are fucktards, but it has nothing to do with guns and everything to do with gun safety. I would say that any idiot knows not to leave a loaded gun lying where a child can get it, but I get proven wrong all the time with stories like these.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• No. We've never had a gun in the house so this wouldn't make me change my mind. Don't want one. Don't need one.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 7:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Nope doesn't change my mind at all!!! Jmo but it was reackless for It to be loaded!!! This is another tragic story but my view on pro gun still stands...
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• No, this doesn't change my mind about my having guns in the house. Kids are never too young to learn gun safety and that's the only thing this story tells me. Kids should learn gun safety whether there are guns in their house or not.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Nothing will make me rethink the importance of having a gun in your home.

For example... a guy went to the home of a family here in town just the other day with a baseball bat.... LOL, he got one swing in before another household member shot him. LOVE THAT!!

Stupidity is the person.... NOT the gun!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Kids should learn gun safety whether there are guns in their house or not.

^^ At 5 years old how much do you think they really understand about gun safety!
    DJDNY

Comment by DJDNY (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2013