Has your child ever regressed in potty training (specifically pooping)?

Hello!
I have a 3 year old girl (almost 3 1/2). And a 9 month old.
We had my daughter potty trained within about 2 weeks, a couple months before she turned 3 (and when our baby was a few mos old).
She was doing great. She actually pooped on the potty right away! I had a few people tell me pooping was the hardest, but she did great.
Fast forward to a few months ago. She decided she wasn't going to poop on the potty anymore & sometimes it's even a struggle to get her to pee. I have to make her because I know it's not good to hold it in.
We purposely waited until after the birth of our 2nd so that she would not have any major life events happening at the same time.
She will poop in her underwear when she is alone in her room or when we put her night time pull up on her.
Her dr said that it's normal and it's better to have her pooping in something than holding it in because that can cause medical problems. So I'm not worried that she's not normal, but my question is, if your child has regressed, do you have any tips on anything that has helped them with using the bathroom as well as they previously did? Thank you so much!

tmp1283

Asked by tmp1283 at 7:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• oh gosh yes i have a 3 1/2 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old both bdays are coming up. but when i had my second child my oldest wanted to go back to diapers and the baby phase it passed lol as most things do i wouldnt worry now both of mine are using the potty and my youngest well is starting out very young i have two girls so young daughter just started copying older daughter:P
    virgomom1988

Answer by virgomom1988 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• one tip i will give ask ask ask all day multiple times if they do need to go that helped my oldest get back into the swing of things
    virgomom1988

Answer by virgomom1988 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2013