What do you consider truly "profane"?

Someone who says "I don't give a fuck"-even on a daily basis.
Or someone who, when speaking of other groups of people spews lies about them, accusing them of things that are simply not true-on a daily basis?
And someone who uses their personal beliefs to try to justify their lying about others.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Religious Debate

• The word "fuck" to me is not as profane as someone spewing lies and ignorance.....

Answer by older at 8:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• People can use beautiful words to express VERY nasty sentiments.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• ^^ this
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• For me, profane pertains more to the disrespect of the sacred in another. So profanity doesn't bother me unless it's used as a way to attack another person.

So the hate and arrogance we see exhibited in some attitudes is far more profane, IMO, than swearing. Some words are just words. But you can't deny hate and arrogance where it exists.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Profane for me entails more than dropping the F bomb in everyday language.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• What is profane is people who intentionally listen to the spew & don't have a mind of their own to question what is true or right or wrong. God gave us each a brain of our own & the will to use it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Some words are just words. But you can't deny hate and arrogance where it exists.

This is so fucking true!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• "fuck" is only a word

lying, is much worse in my opinion
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Profanity in no way bothers me. It's words that people have deemed to be "bad" and it's silly to me that some get upset over the word fuck, asshole, etc. They're just words. What is offensive is lying (especially about a person or group of people) and using beliefs to back up the reason for acting like such an obnoxious, rotten human being. Those are the type of people that offend me. People like that can take their lying, holier than thou prude asses and go jump in a fucking lake.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Might sound like I'm contradicting myself by the way I'm expressing it.. but I watch my mouth in public.

Little assholes that run around in public talking like complete douchebags. "Fuck this, brah" "Holy shit, hahaha" "Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck" Blah blah blah.... It's disrespectful and rude to everyone in public around them. Families trying to enjoy themselves..

Really does grind my gears.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2013