Essure (perminate birth control)

I was wathcing "The Doctors" yesterday and they were talking about this new form of perminate birth control called"ESSURE". Just wondering if anyone has done this procedure and what side effects are?

determind

Asked by determind at 8:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• never heard of it, i will google it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• www.essure.com

I guess they put this thing in your fallopian tube that creates blockage so that sperm & eggs don't have a lil party together. But it is permanent, no turning back.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My sister had it done last year and has been thrilled with the results. She said it took about half an hour, and she walked out of her doctor's office without a problem. She had light spotting for about 6 hours or so, but that was it. The best part is that 3 months after you have the test you go in for a dye x-ray to make sure it worked....no wondering! In five years of clinical trials they haven't had a single pregnancy. It requires no incisions...they go in vaginally. It's easier than a tubal ligation or a vasectomy. My husband was going to get a vasectomy, but now that my sister had such a good experience with Essure, I'm probably going to do this instead.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yeap, I called my insurance covers 100% and I am going to get it done! I have the IUD right now and it hurts during sex for both me and my husband and I am still afraid that something might happen. I am so glad that I watched to doctors yesterday!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 9:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I want tto get it done. It's like putting an IUD into your fallopian tubes and they grow
    closed around it. Waiting for my crudy insurance to OKay it.,
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2009