Spinach ideas (that you've tried yourself, not just pinned on pinterest or seen online)

I'm bored, looking for ideas, gone over what I've pinned so far, but don't want to waste what I have on something that doesn't work.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Mock Itallian Wedding Soup-
    8 cups chicken broth
    1 lb. ground beef or turkey
    1 large bag spinach
    1 white onion minced
    2 cloves garlic minced
    2 cans canneli or great northern beans drained and rinsed
    salt and pepper to taste, I throw everything except for the spinach in a crock pot on low for 4-5 hours, add spinach the last hour, my family asks for this soup all of the time.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I put baby spinach into smoothies. Any kind works - you can't taste it and it adds nutrients.

My favorite is 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup almonds, 1 pack oatmeal (I use maple or cinnamon roll), 2 bananas (I freeze them), a handful of baby spinach, and where it says 2 cups ice I use 1 cup milk because the frozen bananas make the texture thicker than room temp ones. I think that's it, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• This is the yummiest salad...

one bag baby spinach
    8 oz fresh black berries-cut in half
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    1/2 cup goat cheese
    mix all together
    dressing is one small bottle of pomegranate juice and one squeezed lime.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I make a mean Spinach creamy soup. Just get an onions and saute it in olive oil, then add the amount depends on how much soup you need. Satue some more then add water, again depending on how much soup you want, I also add three cubes of vegetable broth salt and pepper to taste. Leave it on for about 20 minutes simmering, then put it through the hand blender or regular one, once it is blended, add whipped cream cheese to thicken it. If you desire to thicken even more, put it back to boiling point and add a table spoon or two of corn starch dissolved in water and add to the soup while it is boiling, it will make  it thicker, either way the soup is awesome!

Answer by older at 1:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I scrambled my eggs with some spinach, garlic, and cream cheese this morning. Not exactly that creative but it tasted good.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I normally just cut up some strawberries,goat cheese(feta is good too),slivered almonds,craisins and make a salad out of it. But I am kinda weird I dislike cooked spinach something about the texture but I love it raw.

liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I also make an omelette with spinach leaves salt and pepper, then I fold it and put feta cheese in the middle right before it ends cooking...yummy!

Answer by older at 2:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Thinking I may have to try the egg thing - does it go in long enough to wilt, or does it still stay crunchy?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I mix spinach in with my Mac n cheese - yummy and nutritious!

Answer by missanc at 2:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Do you like Crab Rangoon? I have a dip that I use spinach in, that is amazing.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2013