What is a reasonable price to pay for a dog bath, toenail trim and gland exspell?

I almost croaked took our pup to our usual groomer, and she presented me with a $50 ticket! Now I pay her about $40 to groom our other dogs, but they get haircuts,the whole works.
We are talking a short haired no haircut required puppy, she said it is because she is over 30 lbs.
So on that note, does anyone know how to exspell an anal gland?
LOL!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Pets

• I love the puppy package, I've used almost all of the coupons. i can't wait to use the Doggie Day Camp.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Our puppy's stuff will be $11 till she is 5 months old then it goes to $30. I just got her spayed, as soon as she's given the go ahead and we can take off her head cone I will give her a puppy spa treatment.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Pinned Image

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I have Bostons. They are considered a small dog. They are short haired but shed and tend toward dry skin. They are bathed and toe nails and anal glands done. I also have the teeth brushed. It is $55.00 plus tip and worth every bit.
    I do not understand why people go to have a service and do not even find out how much the service costs and then are upset.
    I watch for the specials.
    BTW puppies are often harder than full grown dogs because they do not have their manners and maturity yet.
    I do know that if the dog is difficult there is a tag put on the client/ dog and there is always an additional handling fee until the dog has proven his better manners.
    I suggest you talk to the groomer and find out why the bill was the amount it was.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• try petsmart :)
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I would guess it would depend on where you are.

Answer by louise2 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I take mine to petsmart. I have a pet perks card, All of my dogs are $50 and under each. my largest dog is $50, she's weighs about 75lbs
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• that sucks! They are very fairly priced
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I recently paid sixty bucks for a mobile truck to come to the house and give my 55-pound Labrador a bath. The groomr cleaned her ears, trimmed her toenails, and brushed her teeth. I was happy with the price, especially since I didn't have to take my dog to the groomer and pick her up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• The most reasonable price to me is FREE lol (baths/nails), but I do it myself so I have no idea about paying someone else. For my 50lb German Shepherd/Lab mix, my vet charged me $10 to express her anal glands (NO WAY am I EVER doing THAT myself lol). I don't have it done regularly, only if it is needed...she was butt scooting so I had them check her glands and they were slightly full. Our other 2 dogs and none of our previous dogs have ever needed it.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2013