So if someone gets a Habitat For Humanity home,they don't deserve cable/internet?

A FB friend of mine posted that she saw a newly built H4H home with a Dish Network satellite dish on the roof,and asked if that sounded strange to anyone else.
I'm assuming that she thinks that the homes are given free to people
I know someone who has one. She has a $800 mortgage

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• The people who tend to be most critical of anything that helps someone, also tend to be the most ignorant about how those things work. If they actually knew what they were talking about, whether it's this or bitching about food stamps, they'd keep their mouth shut, because they'd know how wrong they are.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• probably the same kind of person that thinks children on foodstamps should never get to eat ice cream or candy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I would tell her to worry about herself.

I've been forever damaged, I can never again read the words "worry about (pronoun)self" without immediately hearing the little girl in the car seat.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• i put my uncle in his place a few years ago about H4H. he went off on his usually ignorant rant about not getting any help when he was a young family man so why should they get a free house. i told him that my friends bought the property and have a mortgage. they went thru several application rounds before they were "given" the house and are very good deserving ppl.

i think a surprising lot of ppl really think its a free house for some lazy family...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I think your friend should mind her own self, LOL, who knows, maybe someone gave it to them, or maybe BECAUSE of the home, they are able to afford it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• WTF? First of all, the homes aren't free. Secondly, why shouldn't a Habitat home have Cable and Internet? Is someone a second-class citizen because of poverty? Grrrr, that pisses me off!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• What is it with these people paying so much attention to stuff like this? How many people actually notice who built a person's house or how they pay for their groceries and stuff like that? I always wonder that when people post about food stamps. I have never noticed how a person pays for their groceries and I have no idea which houses in my city are low income or whatever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• How many people actually notice who built a person's house

I can understand noticing a habitat house, around here they're done by the building trades classes at the high schools, and it's a big deal when they're done, because it's done as a news story about the new owner and the kids who built it. Being unnecessarily bitchy about what's on or in the house is another issue.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Oh SNAP NP!

butterflyblue... you should totally copy and paste NP's response on to that FB thread. And stand back and watch the carnage.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2013