Is anyone else experiencing this?

My FB feed is very quiet, which I'm finding odd considering the landmark court decisions today. Anyone else?

Are those against it just learning to be quiet?

3libras

Asked by 3libras at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Mine's about normal, but I don't generally see a lot of anti-gay bias. It's more often I get the ott Christian stuff like "I'm honoring God today, not the earth" on Earth Day, or "Keep the Christ in Christmas" as they go out spending a grand on presents. It's pretty hard to put a positive spin on "it's so horrible that ALL military spouses will have a say in the funerals of our dead service men and women".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• yep mines been very quiet...but then most of my Christian friends have nothing against gay marriage. even the most extreme of them are smart enough to see that gay marriage doesnt change anything for them. they may think its a sin, but they see that as their belief, not to be forced onto anyone else. they wont support it but they wont get in the way either. i can respect that even if i disagree.

the other have of my FB friends are super excited!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• yeah, my FB feed is remarkably quiet too. i shared both Supreme Court decisions as soon as CNN posted them, and the ones that are supportive of the decision liked it, but the usual homophobes haven't said anything at all. they either don't know or they feel stupid.

last night a friend when ape shit because MTV showed two guys kissing. i thought he'd be the first to spew something ignorant but he's been quiet as a church mouse.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• There was way more activity when the Blackhawks won. Then again, I have hidden the homophobes and racists from mine.

I'm also surprised not to see anything about what happened in TX and the 13 hour long filibuster.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• My feed is going crazy. Lots of rainbows and love coming from all my friends.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I've been a little out of the loop for the last couple days. My FB is quiet, more posts about the immigration reform bill just voted on by the senate than about the SCOTUS decisions. I don't know if people are learning to be quiet or if this just wasn't all that unexpected. Frankly, I'm not all that surprised. I'm glad for those that will benefit from this decision.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• my fb feed doesn't have a whole lot about it either. but my friends that are for and against gay marriage don't spout off about it and try to start debates, they have their opinion and let other people have theirs and nothing is said from either side
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Are those against it just learning to be quiet?

looks that way, but my feed is going crazy!!!!

Answer by older at 2:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I am noticing that on mine too. Weird!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Maybe it's a silent opposition?
    I'd find that hard to believe though, honestly.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013