Babysitting for only 100 a month

Ok so I asked a question the other day about babysitting my 2 nephews and my sister not paying me plus I have anxiety. My youngest nephew is 4 months and gets none stop cause he wants held. My oldest nephew is 5 next month and still poops his pants. My oldest nephew is also extremely bad so when he is bad my 5 year old acts up with him. Plus I have an 8 year old and a 23 month old. My 23 month old was doing extremely well on the potty until I started babysitting the baby a few weeks ago.

Well as of tomorrow I have been asked to babysit him as well because he was on county for daycare but they found out she loves with her boyfriend and they make to much. pRoblem is now my mom is involved saying she is family and what not and my anxiety is all in my head so I said forget it I will watch them (for nothing since my mom through a fit about it) but even if she did pay me she was paying 100.00 a month for her 5 year old she said that's all she can afford. Thoughts.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• So it would be 100 a month for 2 kids if I told her to pay me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• That's like a $1500 family discount. Up to you if you want to do it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I don't want by to but my family is getting on me about here being my sister
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Especially with my anxiety
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Tell you mother she is right and mom can do the babysitting.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I already asked her why she can't do it she said she has to much to do and doesn't have time to do it. She just doesn't want to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• have your mother watch him, OH let me guess? she works? Well then she can pay you for doing the favor if your lying sister won't pony up and do it.
    You understand she committed fraud right? She is lucky she isn't going to jail. I would say you can't do it, anxiety or not, if they make to much for free housing they make enough to have someone else watch the kids.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Anxiety or not it isn't fair to make her kids your responsibility. Agree to watch them then fake a complete mental breakdown, maybe that will shut them up.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• learn to say no
    you have your children to care for

if it was for a short time because of something that happened and there was a plan to get a full time sitter= that is what family does for each other, family doe snot take advantage of another family member and you are being taken advantage of because you can not say no

sorry
    that is putting way too much on you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Sorry, but I'd be telling all of them that I cannot do it, and if they don't like it, too bad. I'd ignore their calls, too. Especially if my own mother was telling me that it's all in my head.

Refuse to do it. Put yourself, and your family, ahead of them.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2013