This may be the most stupid argument my husband and I have ever had, so I want to ask you who is wrong and who is right?

Okay it is summer so when the kids get home from school, husband and I get home from work we all put on "play clothes", then put on PJ's at bedtime.
I do not think it is a big deal to wear the same play clothes and PJ's more than one time, all of us shower in the morning, so what is the big deal?
For some reason, they all want new clothes every night.
Laundry is getting out of control, and I don't mind doing it, but it has added more on me.
Do you think it is a big deal to wear something for a couple of hours and then wear it again the next day?
He and they all promise to do what you all say!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Just for Fun

• You're wasting your money doing all that laundry -it's making the clothes wear out faster, using extra detergent, and padding your water bill. As long as nobody is bedwetting or spitting up, and as long as the play clothes aren't grimy from playing outside, there is no reason they can't wear something twice. Obviously if they spill on something, wash it, but a clean shirt that was worn for 3 hrs of watching tv, not so much. They are still changing their underwear, right? That's what matters more.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• first off...He and they all promise to do what you all say!= LMAO

i see no issue with wearing something again
    of course if playtime is in the mud or was doing bubbles and all full of the soap mixture, etc...straight to the laundry

PJs are good for a few nights (unless got messy with something)

can i assume- you are the laundry maid?
    if this turns out to be a tie vote, have hubby (hi hubby) do the laundry for a week (NOT let it pile up for a week, but do it everyday) then he can vote on wearing things more than one day...lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• but I am sure it will be told to me you are biased because you are all women

Then you need to reiterate how much MONEY you are wasting. Since us stupid women don't know nuthin bout numbers and stuff, the big strong man can probably figure it out even more gooder than we can.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I would start making them do the laundry... I bet they will change their minds about rewearing it. As long as the clothes are not dirty... I see no problem rewearing them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I encourage my daughter to wear the same play clothes the next day if she's only had them on for a few hours. There's no sense in adding to the mounds of laundry when the clothes are still presentable.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Here's a man's point of view: my husband wears jeans and polo shirts to work in an air conditioned office. He doesn't wear the same shirt two days in a row but he recycles them until they are dirty. There is no reason to wear out nor take advantage of the laundry lady, he says!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I don't think there's ANYTHING wrong with wearing something a few times if it isn't dirty. And things often don't get dirty if you're only wearing them for a couple of hours.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• if they are playing outside- I say they can change them each day. If everyone is basically inside- then they can wear them again
    *as for pajamas- you could wear those at least 2-3 times before washing

*unless something gets spilled on them or whatnot ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• how in the heck do they not get dirty enough to be able to rewear something?

Depends on how much time they get outside. It's been nonstop storms here all week, so DS has only managed to go outside and get grubby once - that outfit went straight to the wash, but the one he wore the day after didn't get messed up at all from sitting around playing board games while we waited on the power company.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I don't think it is a big deal unless they get it dirty somehow...

Answer by older at 6:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2013