Screeching Baby?

My four month old screeches and yells all the time. He's not crying, he just screams and screeches so loud especially at night and then laughs about it. Does anybody else's kids do this? My other two never did this as babies.

lilmama5268

Asked by lilmama5268 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unfortunately yes and there really isn't a thing you can do about it, LOL!! My son did and still does the same thing at 11 months old. They are just learning that they have a voice and can use different tones and when they find out that they can make a loud sound it excites them so they do it over and over and OVER again. I feel your pain though dear. Hopefully the stage will pass soon.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 9:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• OMG yes. My daughter went through a week of it at 5 months, and then it went away, and then it just came back last week at 7 months. It is a high pitched screach that she thinks is hysterical and knows it gets our attention. I tried to ignore it, but it is pretty funny and have a hard time hiding that from her. I hope it goes away soon :)
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 9:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It gets so annoying sometimes, especially when the older kids are sleeping, and he decides to wake up at midnight and do this for an hour the past couple nights. It was funny at first, but now he is starting to wake the other kids up. He is such a happy baby, he has not cried except for when he gets tired and cranky. So not like my other two at all. All babies are so different.
    lilmama5268

Answer by lilmama5268 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHA. Yup DD did this for like EVER right around that age. They're just discovering a new sound, as annoying as it gets after the 100th time.

It'll go away :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009