Has everyone's life changed the same way?

I have a 7 month old girl. My husband and I have pretty much haulted any social activities since her birth. We are generally ok with that, noting that our lives have become a little boring, but LOVE the time with our daughter. Has this happened to you to? We tried to go out a few times to dinner, using a babysitter, but ended up talking about the baby the whole time and rushing through dinner to get back to her. We decided it wasn't really worth it, and a good bottle of wine after she went to bed on a Saturday night was enough for us!! What is happening with your adult lives? Just wondering if we are experiencing the normal stuff.

rabbate

Asked by rabbate at 9:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup, happened here too. We were some serious party kids too before our DD. Now we're lucky if we make it up past 1030 most nights lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i hope so cuz that just like mine!:) except i'm too scared to use a babysitter so he just goes with us, but we rush through dinner there because he makes too much noise for the people around us and get those annoyed looks after a while
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Nope. This didn't happen with us. Where we go our 11 month goes. It has been like this since he was about a month old. Our lives aren't going to stop because we have children :) We take our son everywhere we go. He is well behaved in restaurants. Very good grocery shopping, the mall any stores! And when we go to friends houses, he is there with us! Unless we need a break for a night then he stays with his nana and papi or grandma and grandpa! :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yep this is the story of my life now! My dh and I havent really done anything at all since our son was born and we used to do all kinds of stuff. It took me awhile to accept for a few months and now I turned in to more of a home body. Every now and then we will get a 2 hour window where my inlaws will come over and watch him. It never goes well, we rush through dinner just to get home and find him crying. We have taken him to dinner a few times now and we RUSH and I mean RUCH to eat because we are so afraid of him throwing a fit in the restaurant. I am hoping it gets better with age!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes, my husband and I are the same way! We have only had a babysitter twice in 6 1/2 months. We don't even hang out with our friends anymore b/c they just don't understand.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Our life hasn't really changed that much. I mean I use to party ALOT, so ofcourse I don't do that anymore, but I'm fine with that...It was time for me to grow up anyways. I'm a young mommy(19) and all of my highschool friends always ask if I feel like I'm missing out on things....ABSOLUTELY NOT. My husband and I chose to get pregnant, and I wouldn't change it for anything. We bring our daughter everywhere we go... If she is not welcome...then we feel we are not either. Now hubby and I have had about 5 nights to ourself where my parents have came over to watch Kinley, and they stayed with her during the night so hubby and I could have a good nights rest, but thats about it. We choose to have friends that are parents also. Its easier because they understand that we do not want to go out and get wasted all the time, or have rowdy parties...So we have random get togethers and we just sit around and have a good time WITH OUR KIDS..
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 10:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I agree with some of you other mommies! I take my son everywhere and on the odd occasion me and my boyfriend do have some alone time and it is fantastic..but by the end of the night we are both really missing our son..and we cant play with him because hes all tucked up in bed asleep!! I like that though...five mins break now and then is a great thing to put things into perspective.

We have both been working overtime at home to get some products completed and launched so time together has been a little short.

I have never been much of a party person anyway and I dont see why people think you are missing out if you arent wasted at least 6 days out of 7!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yup thats normal! My hubby and i are the same way if we do get a sitter i call constintly not that i dont trust the person who is keeping her because only family has, but because i MISS her! and its has only been a couple times and we do nothing but talk about her too!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• what works for us, is that on the weekends we go to his parents house, either sat or sun and they get their nana and papa time with the boy, and we go out on a date, or a movie... haha, for christmas they bought us a movie gift card, candy and a 5 dollar bill for popcorn.. i asked.. " is this a hint'? on the lid of the box was.... free babysitting services LOL and my mom gets him on Monday and she and I go grocery shopping.. when we do go on our dates, usually once a month, we talk about the boy, but in things we want to do with him later say this summer.. or our montana trip in april.. we are going mining.. very exciting!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• thank you for all the comments. I should have clarified that we do go out with our daughter (restaurants, friends houses, etc) and she is pretty darn good, but I was wondering more about alone adult time (like out for drinks, or a nice restaurant with white linens!!!). Everyone's comments are very much appreciated.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 11:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2009