How did you know you had the right business or career choice?

I feel like I am completely stressing myself out over this. I've been back and forth between businesses/careers for the past couple years and just feel like that is to overwhelming. I just don't know how to make a choice of what is right for me. I do work from home.

What do you do and how did you decide? How long have you been at it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Money & Work

• I knew nursing was for me when I landed my 1st job out of LPN school at a local Cancer Center. I really felt like I was making a difference in these peoples' lives and that my job had a real purpose. I am currently in school to get my RN and hopefully Chemo certification so I can get back into doing that. I've been doing nursing for 9 years.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I'm an author. I'd wanted to be one since I was a child. Literally, I was like maybe 10 when I decided that I wanted to be an author. I knew it was right because when I started doing it, I felt like I was doing exactly what I should be doing.

As for how long I've been doing it...well, it depends on how you define it. I've been an aspiring author since I was 10, so if you go by that, I've been doing it for more than twenty years. Actively writing toward the goal of being an author...about 3 years. Actually published...almost a year now.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Self employed the last 6 years. I guess if you can be happy AND pay the bills then it's right for you!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Self-employed since 2005. I can do the job with relative ease and no undue stress most of the time,and it keeps my bills paid.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I did a favor for a college pal who was in costume design shortly after we graduated, and I learned fast how do wardrobe on set and one job lead to the next. After a few years I joined the union and realized I side stepped my way into a cool, fun lucrative career. I did it for 20 years, but it was never something I set out to do.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I did alterations for 15 years (self employed) and now do childcare. Each one is a passion of mine and I do not feel like I am working when I am doing them.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I LOVE My Home Business!!! I was a Retail Manager for 12 years. I've had my own busisness for 6 years with a company thats been around for 50 years!!!! I'd love to talk with you!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I have done many different things! You're absolutely correct, it is a huge pain! However, I am in a company now that I love, not only because it makes me money, but because I love the product! However, I have 2 loves, I work my business and I work for someone else. I chose both of them because I love them both, it's what I have always wanted to do! I love helping people and I love health and wellness. It was easy for me to get my physical J.O.B. and the people I work with are mostly wonderful! But, I can do more with my at home business, giving even better advice! I suppose you just need to find something that works for you, not the other way around.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2013