Why is it so hard to let go? To go with the flow & not be in control of everything.

CloverE

Asked by CloverE at 9:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can never be fully in control of things and I came to that realization. I do try and control the things I know I can, like paying bills, spending time with the kids, being a decent and good person then I can kick back and watch other people spinning their wheels.

Answer by gemgem at 9:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It is not hard, it is impossible.

Spontinaity is something I find incredibly difficult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have a sign in my house that says I'm not bossy I just have better ideas and it's so true.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think it becomes real hard for someone if they're really tense. Relaxing will better help you let loose your tight grip on things.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think for most of us this only gets worse with age. When I was "younger" I did not feel the need to control every minute of life...now at the "ripe ole age" of 42 I am a control freak. I have to make an effort to relax and go with the flow.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm learning now how to follow the cues from the kids at age 39. This is a hard task for me.....letting go of trying to be perfect at all times.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 10:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• so many people have control issues.. if you have to have it your way then your not a very well rounded person.. and sometimes that is hard for people.. i was raised in a house that if someone got a wild hair and decided we were driing 1000 miles to disneyland, then thats what we did.. or if a half hour trip to the grocery store got us in montana 10 hours later, thats just how i was brought up.. we are a very go with the flow kind of family... we are teaching our son that its ok to dabble in a bit of everything.. not allconcentration has to be on one thing.. life is an adventure, as long as you take care of your responsibilities you can go on as many adventures as you want, or you can stay home and do nothing, why let someones pettiness bother you, or someone else's view, it doesnt have to be the same as yours, as long as you respect theirs...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Because you were born under the wrong star sign ; )
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009