Okay I posted this last night.. Closed and said I'd repsost this morning. Do you think Birth Control (besides condoms) are like abortions?

I read this on someones site and it got me thinking. I am against abortions and I don't want to do anything that is against what I believe.
I don't care if you believe in abortions or not- this is NOT the point of this post.
If you mommas have any details or facts on this please let me know!
Remember- THIS IS NOT FOR DRAMA.
I'm trying to "educate" myself on this issue.

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I heard this debated over and checked it out, the link below provides some interesting info on the topic.

http://www.christiancontraception.com/pill.php

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I believe there has been some proof done that the pill can cause a fertilized egg to not implant by thinning the lining of the uterus.

That is why I chose not to go on the pill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Not even a little bit.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Some people do believe that anything that keeps the cervix open and doesn't allow implantation to occur is technically an abortion.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Meaning that if your birth control fails and an egg is released, but is fertlized, it won't implant - kinda like an abortion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No. Completely different. An abortion takes place after the egg has been fertilized and the baby is beggining to form into a new life - birth control stops this from happening. BIG difference.
    Anonymous

• ive heard that it is...isnt that what happened to the duggers? i want to go with family planning because birth control has so many side effects. but ever since i took the shot, (took one 9 months ago) my period is all screwed up....
    himnme

Answer by himnme at 9:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• no, i don't. Most forms of birth control keep the egg from becoming fertilized with sperm. In that case, if the sperm never meets the egg, then there is no life created. There is no such thing as an abortion if there is nothing living in there. So no, b/c is nothing like abortions.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Not really-IUD's keep the cervix open. If an egg that is fertilized tries to implant-it passes out. That is like an abortion. The embryo is passing out of the cervix.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2009