"The world has gone to hell- the end is near- hope the rapture starts soon and gets me off this planet"

"God needs to destroy the earth already"

because we're moving forward with marriage equality?

these are some of the comments ive seen regarding today's supreme court decision. i get that there are people that don't support it, for religious reasons, moral reasons, whatever. but the suicidal stuff? yikes. could we be any more dramatic?

could the supreme court ever rule on something that would make you want your god to kill us all?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in Religious Debate

• could we be any more dramatic?

Is that a challenge because I'm sure there's somebody out there who will take you up on it. (Not me cause I think today's results were AWESOME, but someone).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I think it shows how narrow minded they are

Only thing court could do to make me that crazy upset is a ruling that all the first born might be slaughtered
    Oops, was that a bible story too

Sorry religious freaks
    Anonymous

• OMG I just voted up an ANON!!!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• No, well wait...if rape, pedophilia and other true horrors were changed to being "legal". Then, I may feel like killing someone. But, I'd just get my kids the hell out of the country, instead of wishing for the destruction of the planet.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• I seem to remember doomsday predictions when Obama was elected.

But now I'm envisioning people will be allowed to marry dogs before the decade is up **eye roll**
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Way overdramatic, but if they really feel the need to take themselves out of the gene pool, I am pretty sure I won't be crying about it. I can't think of anything that would make me want to wipe out the entire nation or off myself.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Not that I would encourage them, but the gene pool wouldn't be any worse off...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• what i cant get is how ppl being allowed to receive equal benefits under the law is somehow this horrible thing we as a country have done. all these ppl with there "God's gonna smite the US now!" talk piss me off! cause God didnt seem to mind when the US was enslaving minorities and whipping them within an inch of their lives, killing Natives and tearing them from the lands, turning their backs while the KKK killed blacks and supportive whites, when we freaking dropped a nuclear bomb, twice, on a warring nation...these things God was okay with...its gays getting married that's gonna get us punished.

freaking morons!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I've seen this all day. It's ridiculous. God cares more about who people love and marry than he cares about the sex trade, war, hunger/starvation, genocide, etc, etc? Seriously?

I'm Deistic in my beliefs - I don't believe God interferes in the world or the events of the world, but even if I believed He did I certainly don't think He'd react negatively to this. The God I believe in would want equality.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• Attention whores. Nothing more.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2013