They grow up so fast! When did you realize your baby wasn't a baby anymore?

This question came from a link at the bottom of the Web page, which I thought was interesting. I was just thinking about this the other day. I had one of those jolt moments when I realized my five-year-old was growing up at lightning speed. She refused to play with a couple of kids at the park just because she wanted to be mopy, and I told her it wasn't nice to pout and say no when other kids invited her into their game if there was no good reason not to join them. Instead of saying "sorry" or "okay, Mom" or some such thing, she said in a snippy way, "Oh, stop complaining about it!"

For just a second, I got a glimpse of the preteen my adorable little girl will soon become.

So when did you realize your baby wasn't a baby anymore?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 10:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• I realized last night when DH and I watched the earliest videos I have posted on FB. Just 3 short years ago DD was getting cheered for crawling and now she's saying, "Mommy look at my arabesque," and is really doing one!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• the first day with autism head therapist
    therapist wanted her to do something
    my daughter (5) told therapist " you are not being very patient"
    lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2013

• My oldest is 14... and I am still in denial.

He is not growing up... he is not growing up... he is not growing up. Maybe if I keep saying it, it will come true.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• When he potty trained. Though really, he'll always be my baby.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Hushh! I'm in denial over here !!! Although the other day I was outside with dh and the kids and our son turned to me and said " mom! Be quiet! I'm trying to relax!". Then he sat back in his little lounge chair lol
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 12:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• when I heard my now 14 year old at the age of 3 correct me when we were talking in the car one day to the store I tryed to tell a few thing that we would need from the store and she said actually we need (blah blah blah) I about stopped the car on a one lane bridge.
    flgirl196070

Answer by flgirl196070 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• When they start giving you advice and you actually think it's good advice. "Mommy, don't worry. Just be happy. Life is too short."
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Lol, mine is five. I'm still trying to deny it. Maybe when he starts his first day of school in the fall it'll finally be real to me ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• My DD is 5. I would say last year when she started Pre-K and was no longer at home with me... I felt so alone in the house without her. I waited on pins and needles for time to go pick her up. Now she is about to start kindergarten this coming fall and I it will start all over again.... :(
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• With every kid I've had different AHA moments where I thought they are babies anymore.

3 was a big age for my youngest, he was doing that fake whiny/crying and I had had it because it was so fake!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2013