Online dating, have you ever tried it?

Have you met anyone online and dated them... did it work out?

healedbystripes

Asked by healedbystripes at 12:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• My sister did. They met, married and now have 2 kids. They've been married about 8 years now.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Yes. I met my current SO of almost 3 yrs online. In July of 2010, on a very lonely weekend, I signed up for chemistry, match, christian mingle, plenty of fish, and zoosk. Chemistry and match were my 2 favorite and the only 2 that I felt I met decent ppl on. I sent my now SO a message on chemistry and waited to hear back. It wasn't until October of 2010 that he responded (he was moving, starting a new job and other factors). We emailed back and forth for a couple days and then I finally got the nerve to call him. After talking, emailing and chatting online for a week, we decide we needed to meet. If nothing else, we both knew it would be the start of a beautiful friendship.
    We met and there was instant chemistry. It was the best 1st date ever and an amazing relationship. I'm confident we were made for each other.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• If you are considering doing this, just be careful. Watch what information you share (such as full name, where you live, where you work, any information about your kids (other than if you have any and how many) and any banking information). Safety first. There are a lot of sick, sick people out there. Also, there are a lot of guys just looking for another notch in their bed post. I found that after 2 separate conversations with the guy, I knew what he wanted.
    If you decide to meet in person, do so in a public place and make sure people know where you will be and when. Also might not be a bad idea to have a friend call you half way thru just to make sure you are ok.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I met my DH online. It wasn't a dating site, but a local chat room. We have been married for 10 years now.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Nope
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I met a few that I dated. Nothing serious, though. I know a woman who married a guy she met online, so it does happen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Yeah. I wasn't looking for a date it was just myspace. The guy messaged me some long boring spiel about himself and I deleted it. Then later when I was drunk and bored I dug it out of the trash and messaged him back. That was 6 years ago and we have two kids now and no one uses myspace anymore.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I helped a friend try it out once. She met a few guys for dates but didn't feel a connection. She'd call me to save her from some pretty lame dates. Then, she got busy and took a break from it for a few years. When she decided to try it again, she was surprised that the same guys were STILL on it and some of them were on multiple sites it seems just to find girls to sleep with and make themselves seem popular. There are probably some decent people on there, but just be careful of the perennial baiters.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I have met a few guys online, nothing serious and chatted to a few scam artist!!! lol I have been texting with one guy now about a month. He seems legit but lives kinda far. I guess we will see what happens. I had a guy who became my friend through another friend was on my facebook for a year all we did was chat through inbox... then he asked me for 10,000 and when I said I dont have that kind f money he blocked me and my friend. lol His Story was he had a loan out for his business and needed to pay half of it or he would go to jail.
    healedbystripes

Comment by healedbystripes (original poster) at 3:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Yes, but it didn't work out. My brother met his wife using online dating, they're happily married.

Answer by missanc at 7:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2013