Maybe people didn't pray hard enough to smite all the gay people

Therefore god saw to it that gays should be treated as the humans that he made them.

I really wish some people would get off their high horses (or drugs) and realize they have no business telling others how "evil" they are.

Why is there anger towards people and not their god? Or even themselves?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I really think that some are just mentally unstable, this is the only thing that makes any sense to me...

Answer by older at 8:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I have been a part of Christianity for more than 60 years, and I do not know a single person who has prayed or is praying that God would smite gay people. Instead, we are praying that God's will would be done on earth as it is in heaven. That means that things will be done perfectly exactly as He wants them to be done. We believe that God is sovereign and that He controls everything that happens. So we also believe that all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purposes. We also know that our hope is not in Congress, the President, or the Supreme Court. Our hope is in Jesus Christ and Him alone. We also believe in the law of sowing and reaping. A man, woman or nation will reap what they sow, more than they sow and later than they sow. We also know that all these things that are happening today are exactly as they were foretold, and we are totally at peace in and with God
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Because scapegoating is not only human nature but, has been incorporated into (man-made) religions.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Lol nannying-not all people are "at peace".
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• And if people were so at peace with things happening exactly as they are "foretold" then why fight so hard for them NOT to happen? What a load of crap.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• The God I know wouldn't listen to prayers of wanting to bring harm to others. Those who really believe in that kind of God are very disillusioned.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• How did you get smite from people disagreeing with gay marriage?
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 9:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• They were slacking on the praying, because they were busy digging fallout shelters for the end of the world

After all
    Joe loves Bob must mean it is close to the end
    Right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I am a Christian and I believe that gay sex is a sin. Since sex is part of marriage, I disagree with gay marriage. I have gay friends and I don't ever pray that God will "smite" anyone, gay or not. I am not fighting against gay marriage, but I can't in good conscience vote for it. I don't think gay people are "evil," sinning is a part of everyone's life but IMO we should be trying not to sin, not willfully committing it. I'm not angry at anyone.

Answer by missanc at 9:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• lol, the kind of God they represent, I just can't understand.... Anti-equality, anti-love, vengeful.... What sort of goodness would punish love? Really. Why care so much about something that doesn't even hurt anyone? If that's the thing their God focuses on, what can we say about His priorities? I don't want anything to do with a God like that. So glad that not all Christians believe in that kind of a God
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2013