Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I owe my eye Dr. money I have a form of Glaucoma I need my eye drops and he will not give me a perscription untill he is paid

he had been giving me samples but now refuses and will not give me a perscription.

Answer Question

Asked by clkirkpa at 8:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Health

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • Well that stinks. Is he willing to accept payments?

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • I dont even now if they are allowed to do that

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • Can you call pharmacy and have them call to fill the ex
    Or do you pick the ex up at doctors office?

    Answer by fiatpax at 9:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • How much do you owe? Will he accept payments? Call him and work something out with him, if he still refuses write a check and then put a stop payment on it, (JK) about that, but surely he realizes you need your medicine, I think this might violate his medical code in some way.
    Call him first and set up some payment arrangements, if he refuses call the medical board in your state to see what rules apply to this.
    I think you also might be able to order them from Canada via the internet, but not sure.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • Rx
    Dang auto correct

    Answer by fiatpax at 9:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • You should at least be able to set up a payment plan. Talk to the billing person and see what you can do. How long have you owed the money?

    Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • That doesn't seem right to me.

    Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • Contact the manufacture of the drops. Most companies have a prescription assistance program. Then work out payments to your doctor. Even if it is just $10 a month.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 9:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • even if you can get rx from Canada or rx ass. program
    STILL you need that doc to write the rx

    that seems to be the trick- getting your rx
    him holding back for money owed seems wrong

    if you can get a pharmacist to call and ask for me- MAYBE then the doc can not with hold

    Answer by fiatpax at 10:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

  • Call the family services/medicaid office, whatever it's called where you live. Even if you don't qualify for medicaid, they can give you a list of places that will either help you with medical expenses or offer low cost healthcare. Most of them will probably be faith-based, but as long as that doesn't bother you, there are charities out there that will help.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 10:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.