I'm so afraid of what the vet will say today **EDIT**

Our 13 y/o lab/sheppard mix has had a slight limp that comes & goes. Over the past few days, it's gotten worse, & yesterday I noticed a little swelling. Well today, she seems weaker & her back legs don't want to work right either. It's pitiful. I'm hoping to get her some relief to at least give her a few days to see if she improves, or at the very least, give us time to prepare for the inevidable. If we have to put her down, it seems fitting to do it before the 4th of July. She hates fireworks.

**Please send some positive energy my way - I think I'm gonna need it :(

Just back from the vet- We got some pain meds to keep her comfortable & give it a couple of days.  Sadly, it seems her cancer and/or arthritis progressed.  The swelling on her front paw is not soft tissue, but a hard mass (possibly bone cancer) and she is either weaker from the progression of her illness, or suffering nerve damage which is effecting her back end.  Plus she's lost 7 lbs since last year.  My poor baby.  She's been such a good dog.  I just wish the good Lord would take her in her sleep, instead of leaving that up to us.  :(....

Prayers or positive thoughts of strength please

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Pets

• Awe, I hope she is OK. MY DH had an old German Shepard before we were married & he had very bad hip displasia. One night he could not walk so we put him in the jeep & took him to the emergency pet clinic. We feared the worst. When we arrived, my DH opened the back of the jeep to lift him out & the stinker jumped out on his own & acted fine! We brought him in anyway & they gave him a cortisone shot. He lived another 4-5 years. He was 16 when he passed. I hope this is the case for you too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• im sorryHUGS mama, good luck

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Hope he gets better!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm so sorry. I hope she starts feeling better. We had to put down two cats within 6 months of each other. It was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry. I hope it all works out okay!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry :(

kinda sounds a bit like what happened to our dog. He was playing fetch like normal on Thursday and that night was limping around a bit- thought he just pulled something or wore himself out. Friday was a bit worse, he layed around a lot and limping more when he moved around. Saturday- back legs weren't cooperating for him, Sunday was not good AT ALL - went to vet Monday morning and that was it. Whatever happened-it hit him hard and fast.
    *hopefully, it isn't the same thing and she gets better
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Sorry to hear that I hope everything comes out ok and you can still share a few more years with her. Hugs!
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• My thoughts are with you. ((hugs))
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry. Putting an animal down is an awful thing to have to do, and hurts so much. I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope this is something minor that can be easily taken care of.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:27 AM on Jun. 27, 2013

• hugs

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2013