Do you buy condoms for your teens? adult content

I've been buying my 16 year old condoms since her and her bf started having sex about 3 months ago. She's on depo and they know they have to use condoms too. So do you always buy a specific brand and do your kids tell you when they need more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I will,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I will, but Idk if I want to know when they start having sex.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I do for my 16 year old and I try to keep her nightstand stocked without her telling me she is out. Nothing like having your kid say she's out of condoms...kinda tmi but it has happened in the past. When she first started having sex we went to cvs and bought a variety of diff condoms and now she just uses Lifestyles. I just want her to always use them so I have no problem getting them for her.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• My kids aren't teens yet, but I will if they ask.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• No. They are sufficiently aware of the risks and know that it is up to them to take care of their own contraception. I will not baby them to the point where I have to buy condoms for them.

Essentially, they have good working knowledge of how their body works and know also what they stand to lose with a teen pregnancy. We talk about sex quite openly. I took care of my own contraception at their age (without my parents knowledge) and survived. I was aware of what was at risk and was responsible. I expect them to be so too.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 12:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I gave him some before prom, just in case.
    He's still a virgin, so there's been no need to get more. We'll see what happens.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I took each of my kids to the store and had them talk to the pharmacist to get the "right one" basically to ask for them. At the time they were not just a pick up item and I have no idea if they are now as I don't remember. seeing them, but.....

I figured if they were old enough to want them, they were old enough to ask for them. I paid and they knew they could ask for more money as needed. I also quietly made arrangements with the pharmacist to put it on my credit if need be and I would come right in and pay for it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• No I didn't buy my girls condoms. I did put them on BC.

Answer by louise2 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Wow surprised at the amount of moms buying condoms lol as a teen I bought my own or my boyfriend would buy. We knew to be safe and I had my mom just make an appointment with gyno to be put in birthcontrol. Never had a night stand stocked for me. When it comes to my kids, I want them to talk to me and I will gladly put them on birthcontrol but they are on their own with condoms. Sex is a very grown up thing and grown ups should know how to buy protection.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 1:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Yes, as much as I hate to think of my boys having sex, it's much worse to think of them having unprotected sex. When I was a teenager, I had to be very secretive about it. I went to Planned Parenthood and got on the pill. I hid them and condoms under my bed. My father would have killed me if he had found them. I don't want my kids to go through that. Even if it's something I hate to think about and something that would make us both uncomfortable, it's something I want them to come to me about. It's something we need to be able to talk about.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2013