When did u get ur period back after ur baby?

So my baby is 5 months old, I'm not taking ANY contraceptives,we use condoms, but I STILL haven't seen a period!!!! This is my 3rd child and I do Not remember waiting this long with the others, any of you exp the same??? What's going???

luschram

Asked by luschram at 9:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• It took almost a year for me, but i was breastfeeding. The Dr. said it takes longer when your breastfeeding for you peroid to return.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• 12 months, she was still breastfeeding.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• it took me 4 months with my first one and it took around 5 months with my second (but i found out I had a retained placenta which was causing it), and I did not breastfeed.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My daughter was 9 months old.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The next month. I was breastfeeding and pumping and I had heard that if you are bf, your period would not come back for a while. So I freaked when I saw blood, and the MA said "Honey, that is your period". Maybe it had to do with my not getting much milk? I was bummed though to have "Aunt Flo" begin her monthly visits, even more so because I thought it would be a while before "she" came back.
    crystaljedi

Answer by crystaljedi at 1:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My first three it was about 6 weeks. But the fourth it took 6 months it was a nice six months. as much as you wish it would come right now believe me you will be missing this time when it comes lol.
    Nascarmom

Answer by Nascarmom at 3:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Three weeks
    Tord410

Answer by Tord410 at 2:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009