Is the change to three really that horrible?!

I am a mom to two beautiful boys 1 and a half and 2 and a half. Expecting boy #3 in November and can't get over the rude comments I am getting from people. They are either 'so sorry' I'm having another boy or tell me stories about how miserable everyone they know with three kids is. I can't be the only person out there having my third!! Need some reassurance!

kpbmomof3

Asked by kpbmomof3 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Don't mind what other people say... they're probably just crappy parents that can't control their own kids.

If you're happy, you're happy. Congratulations.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Our third one was a total surprise and I heard a lot of rude comments, some of them coming from family. He is 35 now and has been such a blessing to his daddy and me. The best response to the naysayers? Smile and tell everyone of them it's gonna be okay!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Just dont pay attention to them if you are happy that is all that matter screw the rest. Congratulations!
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I've only given birth to one, but I got a lot of rude comments because I have a disability and people couldn't believe I was going to raise a child. I know how disheartening it can be, but consider the source. Be happy for yourself, and ignore anyone who can't or won't share in your joy. Congrats!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I only had 2. But I imagine it is not much different then dealing with 2.

Answer by louise2 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• It's only that bad if you let it be. I was more worried when we added a second. Going to 3 wasn't a big deal for me. Mine were close together too but all girls.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Since there's such a huge age difference between my boys & my girl, everyone just assumed she was an oops. Not only presumptuous, but rude. I assured them (although not their business) that she was planned & very welcomed into the family. Like the cherry on top of our family sundae. :) To those who say rude things, it may be out of sympathy b/c having 3 boys under the age of 4 will def. keep you on your toes! GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I have 5 kids. Going to three was a huge adjustment for me, after that not much difference

Answer by missanc at 4:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Don't listen to them. Enjoy. The hardest part about 3 is that there are more kids than parents, but we are happy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• It depends so much on the temperaments of your babies, that no one can tell you anything except their own experience. Your third might be your easiest transition, it might be your hardest even if you have 6 more. There is no way of predicting it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2013