Why did he come early today?

UGH! Our mail usually comes in the late afternoon, after 3pm and sometimes as late as 5:30. Today I turned on the water for the front lawn at 10a... low and behold my son come in from turning it off and there is mail in our mailbox. He came early today! So he got completely soaked trying to drop off our mail. Now I have guilt.

Do you ever unintentionally soak the mailman? And do you feel bad when you do?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 3:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Eh, I'm sure he's had worse..... if it's hot, he might have enjoyed it!!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• if it's hot- he was probably happy!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Our mail box is at the street. And we do not waiste water watering our grass. Only time the grass gets watered is when it rains.

Answer by louise2 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I guess I shouldn't feel too bad... it is in the 90's today. And it is so dry that he won't be wet for long.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Trust me louise.... we would like to not waste water on our grass either, but we live in the desert and our lease says the lawn must stay green. And I am sick on nasty notes from our landlord about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I can't say that I know if I have or not. The reason he may have come early is that at least here when they go on vacation, they split up his deliveries. It just depends when that person fits that stop into their route, I guess.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I thought this was gonna be a sex question.... LOL

But a serious answer might be that they're starting earlier to get things done before it gets too hot. Our garbage truck came at 1:30am this week instead of 5:30 am.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I wish it would quit raining here so I could waste water on my yard. We can't go boating or do much because all the parks, rivers and lakes here are flooded. I helped a friend sandbag around her house yesterday her town is really flooding right now.  :o( I bet your mail person didn't mind if it was hot out.

healthykidsmom

Answer by healthykidsmom at 3:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm sure he's dealt with worse.
    And if we waited until it rained to water our stuff, everything would be dead. We've gotten half an inch total so far in 2013. Actually, a surprise sprinkler sounds pretty great!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• laughingLOL!  I was thinking if the temp & humidity is anything like we have here, it probably felt good.  Besides, you know their motto:  snow, sleet, wind, rain, etc.  :)  I have never soaked the mail carrier, but years ago when I was driving after a rainstorm, I accidentally soaked an elderly lady walking down the sidewalk.  I felt bad about that. 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2013