Back from the vet - follow up from earlier post :(

Just back from the vet- We got some pain meds to keep her comfortable & give it a couple of days. Sadly, it seems her cancer and/or arthritis progressed. The swelling on her front paw is not soft tissue, but a hard mass (possibly bone cancer) and she is either weaker from the progression of her illness, or suffering nerve damage which is effecting her back end. Plus she's lost 7 lbs since last year. My poor baby. She's been such a good dog. I just wish the good Lord would take her in her sleep, instead of leaving that up to us. :(....

Prayers or positive thoughts of strength please

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Pets

• I'm sorry. You'll make the right decision, if you have to make one. I'm sure she knows that she's been loved. I know how hard it must be - it's something every pet owner dreads - but I know you'll be able to do your best to make sure she's comfortable for as long as you can, I'm sure. *hugs*
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• (( hugs ))

We lost our kitty last year to thyroid cancer. She passed the night before we were going to put her down. It was awful either way, but I'm glad she was home.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Awww... I am so very sorry. I will keep the poor little dear in my prayers. I fear that I will have to face that some day with my guy....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Awe... I'm sending good thoughts for a positive/peaceful outcome for you both :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• so sorry momma, just say good bye to her and feed her steak, there is almost nothing worse than losing a pet, sorry! :(
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I am so sorry.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry, HUGS
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry things are not good. Love her up and keep her comfortable and be strong enough to to what is best. ((hugs))
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm so sorry. I feel so sad for you right now, I know it's tough. Just give her lots of love and care right now and let her know how much you love her.

Exactly 3 years ago we lost one of our cats. We knew something was wrong for awhile because he was so confused and kept pooping and peeing all over the house. The kids were pretty young then and didn't want us to put him down, so we had to put him in the garage (with food, a bed, litter box, etc) at night so he wouldn't crap all over the house (dh slipped in poop one night). Poor kitty had a seizure in the night so we brought him inside until he passed a few hours later. I felt horrible for leaving him alone. Six months later when our other cat got sick, we took her to be put down once she lost her ability to walk and eat. We were able to sit with her and love her until the time came to say goodbye. It was sad, but it made me feel better to be able to make her comfortable.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Aw, I'm really so sorry. I had to put my first service dog down, and it as the hardest thing to do. But my only other choice was to send her out of state with my ex husband, and I didn't think he could be trusted to intervene when the time came. She had a disease where benign blood vessels would grow, then burst and she would bleed internally. I hope your dog passes eacefully in her sleep soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2013