What are some good books and even movies to explain adoption?

I would love a list of books and even movies about adoption to explain to my biological daughter that we are adopting.

momasof2010

Asked by momasof2010 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Adoption

• Meet the Robinson's come to mind but it is about adopting an older child...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Oh, I love that one, and A Tigger Movie too! Great conversation starters!
    momasof2010

Comment by momasof2010 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• How old is the child? For an older one, something like "Anne of Green Gables" might shed some light on the subject.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• She is almost three.
    momasof2010

Comment by momasof2010 (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• We have several books on adoption, but they all seem to perpetuate the myths (she was very young, etc) or they assume that you have no information on birth mom or will have no contact. I would be interested to find a good book for a small child. My youngest is almost five.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I like the book God Found Us You by Harperblessings. It doesn't talk about the birth mom aspect a lot, but is perfect for little kids it says

"How come I couldn't stay with the mother who had me?" Mama Fox says she must have had a very big reason to give up Little Fox; she must have believed it was best for Little Fox. "I think she prayed like crazy that you would be safe, Little Fox. I think she prayed for me as much as I prayed for her."

I like this book for an adopted child, but am still on the hunt for one to explain my bio daughter (even though this one will be helpful too)
    momasof2010

Comment by momasof2010 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Just check it out on Google
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2014