Monday, July 8

That's when Ramadan begins this year - is anyone interested in reading through the Qur'an and discussing each day? Are there any Muslimahs who would be willing, if enough people are interested, in helping make sure we understand the context/interpretation?

Is that something anyone else would be interested in? I know I've tried once or twice (to read the whole Qur'an during Ramadan) and have gotten too busy to finish - I'd really like to make it all the way through this year...

There's even an online version, if people don't have a copy at home...

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am always interested in learning about other faiths/religions
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I too am always willing to listen and learn. Thank you for the link.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I wouldn't mind. I have read through it before, but having others to discuss it with would be nice.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• it is not just your Religion but all religions I do not want to read about .

Answer by louise2 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• yeah
    you get a muslim woman to explain it sounds like fun
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• July 8th is DS B-day! I will check out that online thing. I'm always up for learning about other religions.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I would be interested if we could find someone to study with us who has knowledge of Islam or actually practices Islam. Otherwise, we would only be discussing our own opinions with no way to know if we were hitting the mark as far as the intended meaning of the Qur'an.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• "it is not just your Religion but all religions I do not want to read about"

lol, I'm not Muslim, but okay. Not interested, that's fine :)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• :"I would be interested if we could find someone to study with us who has knowledge of Islam or actually practices Islam. Otherwise, we would only be discussing our own opinions with no way to know if we were hitting the mark as far as the intended meaning of the Qur'an."

I hear you. I know a little about Islam, but not enough to feel like I had any right to "teach" other people. So it would be wonderful if we could find someone to lead us through it, or at least nudge us if we start taking things the wrong way. I might ask a few of my Muslimah friends if they'd be up to it...
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'm not interested, but I do hope you can make a success out of this!

One of my coworkers is Muslim, altho Ramadan is the only thing he claims to practice. He loses about 30 lbs every time, especially in the summer with the long daylight hours.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2013