2 year old & potty training

hi ladies, can you please share your ways that worked for you when you were teaching your 2 year old boy potty trainning?? thanks

mommysofia

Asked by mommysofia at 9:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well I have a DD but she just turned 2 in Jan. What SEEMS to be working for us is letting her run around naked all day in the house and leaving a potty in the living room. We had a bunch of accidents at first but now she goes to the potty when she needs to go.

I haven't put undies back on her yet because at the beginning she just peed in them like a diaper so I'm hoping she gets this idea down first then we can move to undies then maybe going out in public without a diaper.

Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• hello...i kept the potty in the living room at first. and for about a week i let him walk around with just shirt on. Its hard to miss when he is getting ready to pee that way!!! then as soson as I noticed him getting ready to go. I would go wait and take him to the potty. at first he was like what ever and would get up. but once he realized that every time he went to pe or poop i put him on the potty he started doing it him self. then I just took one step at a time with underware then pants and then out in public with no diaper. It took me about 2 1/2 months:) GOOD LUCK
    lovemlotz

Answer by lovemlotz at 10:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My son is 14 months and I have been leaving him in a cloth nappy and changing him everytime hes wet so he gets unused to be being wet. I also let him run around half naked so he can start seeing that he wees and associate it with "weewee", a noise ssshhh and sign language.

I only just started myself so bit anxious but trying to do it at his pace.

One thing that I can say though DONT STRESS! Try to keep it as relaxed as possible :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009