State Sen. Wendy Davis. Support her stand or Condemn her stand? adult content

Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis votes against a motion to call for a rules violation during her filibusters of an abortion bill. Davis was given a second warning for breaking filibuster rules by receiving help with a back brace.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Whether you agree with the side she was supporting, she was representing what the voters wanted. If anyone was in the wrong in that room, it was the representatives who were voting the exact opposite of what their constituents hired them to say. There's a reason many of them were not returning next session.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Yes, I do. She happens to be my district senator as well.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'll give a big Woo-hoo to Wendy Davis.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• yay her!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• i may not be Texan, i may not be democrat, but i will support anyone who stands up against the men who seek to push us back into the past. those republicans who booed her and tried to change the time stamp are sore losers and need to face the facts that women around the country don't want their BS. Wendy is amazing, and i hope people keep supporting her against the BS that is the extreme side of the Republican party.
    Fushithedruid

Answer by Fushithedruid at 7:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• No and yes. A little of both. I don't like a few things about how the bill is written, but I do support some things in the bill.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• woohooI LOVE her!!!

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• lets just say if i lived in her district id vote for her.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I don't support what she did. The votes were there to pass the bill. If they weren't voting as their constituents wanted, that's on them. Abortion past 20 weeks? Really, a couple more weeks and the baby can live!

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I tip my hat off to that woman.

bow down

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2013