For those of you who feel bad for Paula Dean

her lastest cook book is number 1 on the book on Amazons list
and it has not even been released yet

I am betting she is already starting on a 'Woe Is Me' Autobiography

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 8:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I guess the concept that bad publicity is good publicity applies here.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• she has lost millions in endorsements
    but somehow i think she will be able to capitalize on her 'misfortunes'

just like she did when she came out about her diabetes

maybe a reality show
    lol

fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I like the woman, I watched her shows, i just think the media sucks for making or breaking a celebrity, I don't feel bad for her because I think she will go penny less, I feel she got shafted for what others say on a regular basis, but when you are a public figure, you got to be politically correct. Others say there is much more than the N word, but for whatever reason she has lost not only a golden goose, but also her good name....

Answer by older at 8:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• she lost my 'respect' when she came out with her diabetes after years of doing BUTTER recipes
    came out at same time she had a new cook book with healthy recipes

that ^ just rubbed me wrong

have not followed the new " oops did i say that?" issues
    but impossible not to hear about all of it the last few days
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I got a glimpse of her crying her heart out in an interview, her world has been turned upside down.....I guess I am just a wimp for tears...but this woman came from being homeless, to riches, and she even got her children in the business too. Fiat you must admit that butter makes everything and anything taste better!!!lol!

Answer by older at 8:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• i DO love butter
    but i do not like the way she encouraged this type of eating for years while she knew of her condition
    came "out" just in time to profit from her new healthy cookbook

just rubbed me wrong

i do not watch her shows, never have- because i do not have cable and rarely get to watch any adult tv
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I like her okay. I think she is pretty funny sometimes. I think this entire situation has been blown so far out of proportion it's not even funny. I have never seen such a public lynching over something that has not even been proven yet. She told the truth under oath. Said it was a long time ago. Everything else (the 2007 stuff) is yet to be decided. Since it was only she her brother and the employee in the conversation it will be up to a judge who to believe. She is being torn to bits over something that may or may not have taken place!

On a side note... if things were so bad in that restaurant... why is this case only one person. Where are the copy cat suits trying to get their piece of the empire...

I find this whole thing utterly ridiculous and the entire law suit sketchy.

OKay I'm done.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Well I like her and think and incident many years ago was blown out of proportion just to hurt her and to get money. You anyone that brings a suit against a celebrity is looking to get their face in the limelight and / or get money.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Bad publicity is still free advertising. Her name has been on everybody's tongue this week.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I lost all sympathy for her when she started ranting on live tv about people throwing rocks at her head and killing her if they've never said racial slurs, too, and how it's all about people wanting to take over her empire, she did nothing wrong.

I'm sure the cruise will be crawling with lawyers watching everything that happens.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2013