Help me spend my birthday money!

So, I got $150 for my birthday. As most other moms, I don't spend a whole lot of money on myself throughout the year. My husband insisted that I spend the money on myself. There are a few things that I want. I would love to have a chaise lounge to go outside on our balcony. However, right now they are still anywhere from $100-$150. If I wait a month or so, they will probably go down. I also want a bike, however, I will need a bike rack to go on my car (about $50) so that leaves me $100 for a bike. I have looked at several and the different types are so overwhelming and most of the ones that I have seen are at least $150-$200.

What should I buy?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• You might find what you want cheaper on sites like ebay or Overstock.com
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I would try to find a bike rack on Freecycle and buy the bike.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Oh, I didn't even think to look on Overstock.com. Thanks!

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I'd get the bike. Then you can all go on bike rides as a family. It's better than sitting as a family :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Personally, I'd wait for the chaise lounge to go down in price and then snap it up. I've wanted new patio furniture for the last couple of years, but something has always come up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I would want the lounge
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• You could send me a cheque ... that would give you a lovely warm feeling, and I could pay my house taxes on Tuesday :D
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• i would say save it for a rainy day. I know that it's a boring answer but sometimes it's better to save it when you aren't sure what you want to do with it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Buy a new bike and try to find a used rack on Craigslist or something. How about new clothes? If your not sure just keep it until you decide.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2013