What do we think about the auto companies that are being bailed out wanting/needing more money?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090218/D96E01HG0.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My stance hasnt changed. They should have never been bailed out.

Answer by gemgem at 9:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• IMO....I do not think any one, the auto industry, the banks, the home owners. Anybody that is having a hard time. Should be bailed out. I say survival of the fittest. IMO

Answer by louise2 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• ugh! They KNEW what they were getting wasn't going to be enough those dumb idiots!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If they fail, that is just more jobs lost and the end of that company. That means the end for those cars so Americans will start buying more foreign cars. That again is less jobs for Americans and less money for Americans. I think they needed to be bailed out but I also think they need to make some major changes which they have more than the banks. Why isn't anyone screaming about the blank checks that were given to the banks? At least the auto makers have rules and must have good plans. I think anything that keeps this country from collapsing is a great thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No if they fail that means smaller car companies or things just in the idea state would rise up. Businesses fail everyday and arent bailed out and that allows smaller businesses to grow and employ more people because they dont have to compete with the failing bigger business. Giving money to people who cant run their company and keep going into debt is only delaying the inevitable business closure. Will people lose jobs>? Sure they will. Will it be the first time a big business failed? Nope. Let them fail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am a Republican and a very conservative one as well. Don't judge me for it, we are all entitled to our own opinion. But I believe that anything with this much effect on our own wallets and our daily lives should be put to a vote. I don't think the government should be required to go with what the people vote but I think they should at least listen to our opinions. I think major things like that should have gone to a vote to get a general idea of what the American people thought of it. The government after all is representing the American people. I know there are a lot of problems with my idea and too many things to go wrong with it but still. I really think things are getting out of hand with the government making these HUGE decisions that alter everyone's lives and then basically tell us to "deal with it."
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• They should have NEVER been bailed out to begin with!! I could tell by the language of the politicians who support this socialist economic demise, that asking for more money was just around the corner! INSTEAD of all of the pork and lobbyist special interest pay offs in this current socialist bill, they should have put more money it IT for the auto industry if that was even on the back burner! Instead of saving sand mice, std's, railroad from Cali to Vegas, atv paths, and what the heck ever else they have in there....why not actually helping stimulate the economy?!! They knew darn well that you give an inch, they'll beg for a 100 miles......!!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Don't you know throwing money at a problem always solves it, lets throw more money at it weee *sarcasm* =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Here's an idea, why not take all of those hundreds of millions of dollars and give it to the people. Then, the smart ones can use it to get themselves ahead and out of a bad situation. The ones who can't are just SOL and are too dumb to be helped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• In order for GM and Chrysler to succeed, they need to restructure their business practices INCLUDING the and ESPECIALLY the UAW. However, it won't happen. Obama Administration owes the UAW a big fat thank you for the support and votes.
    We are closer to a nationalized banking system, we are closer to a nationalized auto industry. It's scarey and it is ansurd to loan ANY amount of taxpayer money to companies that have poor business models.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009