Has anyone had luck with any particular technique for getting rid of infant gas? I have an exclusively breastfed 1 minth old who is super gassy. I have tried different burping positions, tummy time, infant massage and of course simethicone and gripe water. I am no longer eating dairy or any other food known to be very gas producing, nothing is helping! SOS!

LyrasMommy530

Asked by LyrasMommy530 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What are the symptoms? Everyone gets gas. Explain more of why you need to rid the gas.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• I had a really detailed description and realized that if you did not ssee it done you might seriously injure him for doing something wrong so.

no maybe warm baths?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• There's a natural supplement called Gripewater that really helped my baby, who was in a brace for a congenitally dislocated hip. It drew her knees up toward her body and kept her from moving much, which made her get a lot of gas. That supplement was a life-saver for us.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• It could be that you have an overactive letdown, and your baby gulps faster, taking in more air. Try feeding in a different position so the milk is working against gravity, and see if it helps a bit.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Gas drops and gripe water did the trick. It took quite a few doses before we saw results.
    My little one also liked to be held on her tummy...like a football...but not tummy time on the floor.
    momasof2010

Answer by momasof2010 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2013

• Check this out: http://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/gassybaby/

Is your letdown fast? Most often gassiness is caused by mom's letdown and a position change is needed, leaning back and putting baby OVER the breast instead of under so gravity slows the flow.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• It can help if your baby spends most of his time more or less upright and facing you, between your breasts on your chest, with you in a semi-reclining position... it seems to aid digestion, particularly in little boys (whose digestive system is just a wee bit less mature than most girls')...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Time will help. In 1 -2 months her body will develop and things will get much easier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• My son was too. I really couldn't do much to help him I tried just about everything too. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2013