My cat has been staring at the same thing for hours.

One tiny little flying insect has found it's way into my house. My cat Mango has been staring at it for hours. He will stare and then the thing won't move for a while, when it moves, he jumps back up to stare some more. He can't reach it, but he can not let it go. So silly!

Do your pets act this way?

Here he is... staring at it.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2013 in Pets

• Yes. We have a cat that will stare at a bird on the lawn for a month if it moves periodically... if it stays still too long, she gets bored and walks away.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• My cat sometimes stares out the sliding glass window at night. I wonder what in he world he can see in the dark out there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• In our old apartment, we had a nail that someone had put up above a window, that stuck out maybe 1/4". It appeared to be a carpet nail, and it never bothered me, so I just left it. At night, it would cause a shadow with the way my lamp hit it, and my cat would lay on the bed staring at it for hours until the light went off. This went on for about a year.

At least your cat knows its something it can eventually kill if it just cooperates and gets within reach, LOL.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Not for that long! lol. I have 3 cats and they love chasing bugs...but once they realize they cant get it, they move on.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 3:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• All of my cats practised what I call "cat fishing". They find a (mouse/mole/other) hole in the ground and will sit over it until something emerges and they catch it. Sometimes it takes all day ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Ballad my cat stares out there at night too and it kind of freaks me out lol Although I know there are no coyotes out there if she is staring cause the few times we have had them she freaks out the whole time.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I don't have a cat but when I used to sleep over my sisters house, her cat would sit next to my head & stare at me ALL NIGHT LONG while I slept! Then if I got up to go to the bathroom she would jump onto my leg & hold on while I walked. LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Cats are wonderfully bizarre. Pretty Kitty btw :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2013

• what a cool name. Yes, My cats use to that too. I would laugh how intense there look would get.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• What a pretty kitty. Not for hrs. mine won't
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2013