Will a pak and play be a good idea to take down on the beach for my 10 month old?

savannah2013

Asked by savannah2013 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there any shade?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Yes it's perfect for the shade. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Wondering if the metal parts of it will rust tho if it gets wet...anyone know?
    savannah2013

Comment by savannah2013 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Good to have the baby in something. but, might be a pain to carry. Be sure it's a convient pack and play.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I would think it would be a lot to carry. They make little tent-like pods for babies that are much lighter.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• As long as you dry it off before you fold it up and put it in the car, I don't think it'll rust. Rust usually comes from being continuously wet, or the metal being compromised already (peeling paint, cracks in the metal, etc.). As long as you dry it instead of leaving the water sitting on it, and it doesn't have anything compromising it, I would think it would be fine.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Would this be for the baby to nap in or to stay in while awake? Some of them come with nice little umbrella thingies, or you could drape a blnket over part of it for shade. But if you just want it for containment purposes, there are these little fence things you can get that fold out, which would be much lighter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• The only issue I see is you might be dragging sand around forever, no matter how well you clean it, I agree about the little tent thing, she is going to want to run around and if she needs to nap she could do it in the tent.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I would get one of those little pop up shelter/tents made for the beach. My dd still plays with hers as a play tent in her room. ;) Your pack n play will never be the same after a day in the sand and it's just not made for that purpose. It won't shade him, so you'll have to bring something else for that etc.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• A blanket with a big umbrella should be fine. If you cant be there to supervise a pack n play would be fine. Dont set it up in the water... I don't see how it would get wet.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2013