How to know if iud moved? Can i get pregnant?

I have had the paragard for 2 yrs already, an everything seemed ok... A little heavier periods but that was it...since about 2 months i havent been able to reach the strings to check if its in place... I just had my period like 2 wks ago... But know i have been having like cramps, still can reach the strings, im afraid to get pregnant bc we had sex in my fertile days but i think since still inside it might work and avoid the pregnancy right? Could it be still in place or what? I dont have insurance dont know what to do :$

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't worry about it. The strings get softer and harder to feel.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 4:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I have an IUD, and I was told you would feel it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• So you've had this thing in you for 2 years and haven't had a checkup? How long are you planning on leaving it there without a doctor visit?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• How to know if iud moved? Go to your doctor and have them check it out.

Can i get pregnant? You can, but it's not likely.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• My last papsmear was in december... So yes i have been checked in this two yrs but i dont go every month to have it checked... I was told to check it myself every month.... Just to look for the strings, but now since may i can barely feel'm and i dont feel the ends, i feel like curved... Thats why im assuming it moved... That and the constant pain and cramping.... I do want more kids just not now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Constant pain and cramping would be enough for me to go have it checked out. if it did move you run the risk of it implanting itself in the uterus.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• You need to see a docctor
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2014