Are you having a get together for the 4th of July? What are you making or bringing to the party?

Any fancy or cute dishes?

Last year I made a red, whit, and blue roll up cake that was a hit so I will probably make that
Nobody has said whether they are coming or not so DH and I may just have a quiet celebration. We could end up with 15, though.
lol.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 5:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Having a rib-off amongst friends- a little friendly competition. Not sure about all the sides yet. Everybody usually brings their specialty dishes. Yum ;p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I don't think we're doing anything special. My boyfriend will probably take our daughter to see the local fireworks, but I usually stay home with the animals because I don't like the loud noise and neither do they.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Yes, and I haven't been to,d what to bring yet. Probably hot feta artichoke dip or carrot cake. Or quinoa salad.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I don't think we are doing anything either. Not even fireworks this year. Not sure yet though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Not going out, but getingt something good to eat, have not decided
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• We were going to do what we have traditionally done for the last 10 years, and drive 3 hours to the coast and spend the day with my in-laws and do the whole picnic, firework thing, ( it is something we look forward to doing) We then spend the night and we drive home in the early evening, BUT despite the fact that my DH asked 2 months ago for Friday off, he didn't get it. So, I'm not sure what we are doing.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 6:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Going to the tourist trap my parents live in for an awesome fireworks show
    Food?
    IDK- Mom hasnt told me yet :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Nope- my daughter moved out...hubby works that night (7pm to 7am) and my son will most likely be with friends

WOO
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• we're going to family outta town so no food bringing. if it was local, though, i'd do something fruit-y like patriotic kebobs or something. very, basic, but a classic winner
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2013