How do you feel when...

a person of your same faith makes your faith look bad?? when they go out of their way to be disgustingly nasty for the sake of her believe? how does this make you feel?

Asked by older at 7:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2013 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'm with you older, organized religion bothers me.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I pity them. They have no honor, and have lived a lie, wasting years pretending the exact opposite of what they should be. They should've stayed in the Klan where they belong.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Since I'm on my own path, I don't really know anyone who thinks exactly like I do. But, if I did, I'm sure it would annoy me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Mildly annoyed. Since there is no real cohesive groups to atheism/agnosticism, there are no tenants, no guiding rules, and nothing to connect their bad behavior to my own beliefs.

What I find annoying is that it causes fuel for stereotyping by religious groups, showing 'proof' that we are all immoral without their god(s).
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I imagine it is very frustrating. I would just hope that the people of that faith who actually have brains-know that someone like that doesn't represent the whole. Only their dumbass selves.
    I feel nothing for them.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• lol- maybe there should be a 'stalker of the week' award, after all it takes quite some effort.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• awful...its one of the reasons i started searching for a faith that fit me better. i found that i was surrounded by ppl who were so discouraging, negative, and hateful (on several levels) despite the joy that the religion is supposed to bring, that i chucked the denomination and eventually (when i realized it wasnt just my old denomination) the whole faith system.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I pity them too NP....

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• testing 123

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I am embarrassed for them myself....

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2013