My newboren of 2 months has a very raw neck underneath her flap of her chin. And i feel so bad its beat red and i dont know how to keep it dry to ever heal ? ?please does someone have asolution its seems that its alreasdy getting out of hand its so red and even a bit swollen at this point ????

emilysMommy441

Asked by emilysMommy441 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That young... you better check with the baby's doctor before putting anything on it!! Personally, I'd keep it dry and cover with some neosproin... but I can't remember if 2 months is too young for that!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• If anything I'd say to use balmex or desitin on it. Keep it as dry as possible.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• My babies got very red in the chubby chin cracks & Desitin worked great. Wash gently every day & pat dry then apply Desitin.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• cornstarch will keep it dry and absorb moisture

is it heat rash?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I was just going to say, cornstarch is mild enough to be applied often.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Take her to the doctor, but butt paste wouldn't hurt.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I would say medicated cornstarch.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Keep it dry. Both my daughters got that. My second was much less red because I knew to dry her neck really well after a bath. Diaper rash ointment worked fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Keep it wiped out with saline wipes and dry. Use corn starch to help keep it from continuing to rub. I would not use anything medicated with out a recommendation from the ped.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• is it milk neck? like where milk falls from the cracks of their mouths while feeding and kinda gets caught in their neck flaps? my babies had that and i always used diaper rash creams on it (after i cleaned it of course). it created a nice waterproof seal. if it is milk neck just be really cautious about keeping it dry while feeding and hopefully that will help too.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2013