Plantar warts

So my youngest dd has a wart. My dr suggested trying over the counter medicine before referring me to a dermatologist. So we did it. She freaked out but is fine now. I forgot to ask if this is going to become a recurring issue for her. So if your or your Los get plantar warts do they come back or was it a one time thing? And did your dr suggest over the counter before referring you to a dermatologist?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 10:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2013 in Health

• Most of the time, they need to be burned out, but if the meds worked, just keep an eye on it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Oh sorry, you don't mean in her feet, just a plain old wart? Next time cover it with duct tape until it goes away.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• No it was on her foot. But there was only one.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I had two on the same foot when I was in high school. I tried otc for about 3 months, but they wouldn't go away.

Eventually I went to a podiatrist who cut them out. I can tell you, the numbing shot in the bottom of my big toe is hands down the worst pain I've ever felt.

I never had them again after that.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• They may or may not come back.... Plantar warts usually show up over a place that sustains a lot of pressure. I had one reoccur twice in the same spot, treated it with OTC meds and it hasn't come back in over 15 years. MY DH had "mosaic plantar warts" (many stemming from a "parent" wart). Doc burned them off with several treatments... but it was his PCP that did it. Once he killed the "parent" the rest died pretty quick - they have never returned. So for us it's 50/50. Just keep an eye on things... if they come back start treating sooner rather then later!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Thanks :) I really hope this works so she doesn't have to get it burned off :(
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• Ds has what we think is one - I've been using duct tape, but not seeing much help. I told DH we'd give it a little while and then try his doctor....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I've been soaking his feet, too... :/
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• ... Plantar warts usually show up over a place that sustains a lot of pressure

My dd walks like a ballerina and that's where it is maybe I need to try and make her walk flat when her shoes are off.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• I get one tiny tiny one on my thumb every like, 4 years that I have to treat to remove!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2013