For cleaning a house or an office, how much I can charge per room?

I want to start up my business. I know some people have a messy house, how much I can charge per room to make our work fairly paid?  I am editing this question, someone asked me if I am a guy, my RESPPONSE, I am not.  Is just my favorite IDOL picture ha ha ha!!!!

Mavi S.

Asked by Mavi S. at 9:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2013 in Money & Work

• My cousin use to have a cleaning business. She did not charge based on how many rooms where in the house but by the size of the house.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• It seems to me that you want to estimate the time needed to clean a given job, and calculate your quotes based on that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I would charge based on the size of the house and what exactly they want done, rather than per room.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I would not charge per room. After working at Merry Maids I would be SCARED of what that could be like...seriously.
    I would do hourly, or go look at the job and price it based on how bad it is
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I would like to be more specific, for a small house two stories, two bedrooms, bathroom, hall, stairs covered with carpet, down stairs, living room, large kitchen, including trash, how much should I charge?

Mavi S.

Comment by Mavi S. (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• WTF!?!
    Charge per hour. If you do a deep clean on a bathroom, and the people aren't total pigs, it will not take you as long the next week to do that same room. Same premise with a living room. If the people haven't cleaned behind the furniture for a year, it's going to take you a while, but the next week it will just be a touch up, and you can focus more on another room.
    perhaps you should work FOR someone who cleans houses so you can get an idea of what THEY charge, and then you can price competitively.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Time yourself and charge by the hour, how long you think it will take to finish.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Go to care.com and use the pulldown to see what people charge per hour in your area . It varies a lot by where you live. You should be able to see posts by people who do housekeeping and those looking for housekeepers. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• "Mavi".... yeah, right.... like that's your real name....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• I paid $165/mo for two visits per month, a house just like you're describing. It was a four-person crew and they spent two hours here.

If I had only one visit per month, I'd have paid more like $90-$95 a visit. That was five years ago., Today, I'd expect at least $100 per cleaning visit.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2013