Breast feeding before babys born

Do mothers start pumping before the babys born to stock up on milk?

is this okay to do
or is it dangerous.

im 34. weeks

mamadubbz

Asked by mamadubbz at 10:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Your milk won't even come in until after the baby is born.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• This is my second pregnancy, and iv been leaking for months already, but thanks
    mamadubbz

Comment by mamadubbz (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• LEaking does not mean you should store that milk. Crafty is right. Pumping WILL CAUSE THE START OF LABOR. Do NOT do it. You will have plenty of milk once the baby comes.

I had to wear breastpads during my second pregnancy from 5 months on, because I was leaking so much.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• try this link

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

What you are leaking isn't milk, if this is your second pregnancy you should know that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• You won't get any milk (what you're leaking isn't milk) and it could put you into labor too early.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Generally no. Nursing while pregnant is A-okay if you already have an established breastfeeding relationship with another child.

The milk you are leaking now will not have the nutritional value your baby needs. I would not pump and store it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• No. Nipple stimulation could cause premature contractions. Leave your breasts alone till the baby comes and is ready for them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Never heard of it but I think you will have a hard time.
    The body is in tune with the baby and will produce what the baby needs as the baby's need grows , (s)he sucks harder and longer which triggers the body to produce more milk. Why mess with it?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2013