Two stories kind of small apartment

I've never did cleaning houses for someone else, just my home. I've know someone who lives in a two bedroom apartment. Looking for someone to clean it. I saw the apartment, two kind of big bedrooms, same thing the living room is kind of big, and kind of of large kitchen, one restroom. The house is full carpeted, except the kitchen. Hundreds of porcelains all sizes. This person wants that every porcelain must been dusted, many magazines everywhere to collect, news paper etc. Its to crowded to move freely, which it may hard for someone to clean the apartment.

Moreover, every window should have to be clean as well the refrigerator only outside, including to dust the furniture, collect the garbage and trash it.

How much do I have to charge her, if only taking care of every porcelain it takes time etc?

I am new, I want to start up a business after loosing my job. My background is as legal assistance and college business management. Nothing related with cleaning ha!, how much can I charge this person? Thank you

Mavi S.

Asked by Mavi S. at 10:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2013 in Money & Work

• Look for comparison prices in your area. Please don't come here asking us for every single type of house you can think of.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I would just pass on this one. Hundreds of porcelains lost my interest.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I would say by the hour, hundreds of knick knacks are going to take awhile. Maybe $20 per hour?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• okay- I have cleaned large houses that you wonder if anyone even lives in at all- they took maybe half an hour-40 min to clean entirely (bathrooms- vaccume-dust-trash...)
    and small houses that took 2 hours with 2 of us due to knick knacks and people who don't pick up a DAMN thing the 2 weeks between cleaning...so...

knick knacks kind of scare me- I broke one at on lady's house, felt HORRIBLE and they take a long time to clean-epsecially the first time in.
    I would probably charge a "first time in" rate that would be a lot more than what I'd charge thereafter for the...upkeep

have they kept up on cleaning at all? Do they dust regularly? Merry Maids would send somone out to determine how long they thought it would take/how much work would be involved and determine a price from there
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Isn't that the Rock of Love guy?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• "my background is as legal assistance"

Really????? Not surprising that you are unemployed!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Figure out how long it will take and charge by the hour. Tat's a lot of porcelain.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• How is it that you can post here if you are not a member?? I can't post on any other site unless I sign up... This just stinks of troll...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2013